Sunday, August 9, 2015

Teaching Novel Writing to High School Seniors

This school year, I plan to have high school seniors write a full-length novel as a project-based learning assignment. Since I've never tried this before, I anticipate many challenges.

What's most challenging, I anticipate, will be getting students to consistently imagine, to get them to make up stuff for their story. So, I might have them write a novelization of a movie they've seen or have them write separate short stories that are related, like a series. They can have a main character proceed through each of their stories.

There are several ways to help students write a full-length novel throughout the school year, and have them publish it on Amazon.com.

I'll reflect on these ways, here in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Stephen King's Uses of Verisimilitude, Suspense and the Monster in Short Stories

It by Stephen King My rating: 4 of 5 stars I've been re-reading some of Stephen King's works to get a feel for his winning formu...